Dentist in Skowhegan, Maine answers, “What are the benefits of laser dentistry?”
At the Maine Center for Dental Medicine, patients have access to a mercury safe and biological dentists, Dr. Mohammed Imam and Dr Shafiulla Khan. Patients in the community of Skowhegan, Maine can ask questions about the treatments available in the practice, including laser dentistry.
What are the benefits of laser dentistry?
There are many reasons patients may want to work with a biological dentist who offers laser dentistry. Below are just a few of the many reasons a patient may choose laser dentistry over traditional means of treatment:
- Versatility – lasers have been used for many years in the medical field, and it only makes sense that the benefits of these treatments cross over into the dental area. Lasers are used for many different treatments in our facility, including treatment of decay, gum contouring, treatment of oral ulcers, and frenectomies. Additionally, these lasers can be used to combat bacteria that may contribute to the development or continued worsening of periodontal disease.
- Safety – laser dentistry is exceptionally safe and eliminates the need for traditional instruments for cutting the soft tissues. The professionals in our practice also have continued training and experience in utilizing laser technology to achieve the desired results. Not only are laser therapies safe, but they are also useful in addressing the concerns patients have regarding the health and appearance of their smiles.
- Reduced bleeding – because laser treatments are less invasive, patients experience less bleeding and faster recovery than those who undergo traditional therapies. Laser light offers a clean and precise cut where needed to reduce the risk of other concerns following oral surgeries. Also, patients who have treatments completed with laser light will see a decreased need in the use of stitches following their procedures.
- Reduced chance of infection – since the laser light used in the dentist’s tools can offer a faster treatment with improved blood clotting, it allows for faster healing and fewer chances of developing bacterial infections. Eliminating this concern can make many patients feel more at ease with undergoing dental treatments that may otherwise make them feel nervous or anxious.
- Reduced pain – many laser treatments do not require the use of anesthetics. This not only saves our patients money but ensures a positive experience in the dental office for laser therapies. Many adult patients have anxiety at the dentist. However, by reducing pain and discomfort, we can make patients feel less anxious when they return to our practice for necessary dental work.
Book an Appointment today.
Schedule an appointment with our dentists today!
The dedicated team at the Maine Center for Dental Medicine in Skowhegan, Maine is committed to ensuring patients have access to the solutions they require to bring their smile back to health. With today’s technology, patients can enjoy laser dentistry for addressing a wide range of dental concerns that can develop. Patients in the area of Skowhegan, Maine interested in learning more about mercury safe and biological dentistry solutions are welcome to book an appointment with our dentists today by calling (207) 808-7355 . We encourage patients in the community to seek assistance with their smiles using today’s advanced options.